Dr. Richardson is a Fellowship trained spine surgeon. Upon receiving his degree from Prairie view A&M University, he pursued his medical degree from Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry in New Jersey prior to a Fellowship at the Maryland Spinal Reconstructive Surgery Program in Baltimore.
Dr. Richardson is committed to both the biomedical and personal well-being of his all patients. In addition to the professional aspects of his field, Dr. Richardson places priority on connecting with patients and their families. He believes in compassionate and individual care coupled with aptitude and ability. He has spent his career pursuing knowledge and experience so he can provide the highest degree of medical care. His passion is to use his ability to restore quality of life to people struggling with orthopedic and spinal conditions and injury.
Born in Houston Dr. Richardson received his undergraduate bachelors degree at Prairie View A&M University. He then went on to attend medical school at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. Dr. Richardson completed his residency at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ); in his residency he served as the chief resident his senior year, responsible for academic decision making for all junior residents.
Dr. Richardson completed Fellowship training in spine surgery at The Maryland Spinal Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship program in Baltimore, Maryland. He brings advanced and new treatment modalities in operative and non-operative care of the spine. Dr. Richardson is a member of several state and national surgeon organizations.
He practiced with Arvo Neidre, M.D. in the South Texas Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgery Associates until he recently retired.
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion Back Surgery
- Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion
- Direct Lateral Interbody Fusion
- Artificial Cervical Disc Replacement (Cervical Arthroplasty)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion ACDF
- Posterior Cervical Laminectomies
- Minimally invasive Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy
- Minimally Invasive Discectomy
- Posterior Lumbar Approaches
- Deformity correction
- Balloon Kyphoplasty
- Spinal Cord Stimulation Implants
- Peripheral Nerve Decompression
- Carpal Tunnel Surgery
- Ulnar Nerve Decompression
Conditions He Treats
- Spinal and Vertebral Nerve Damage
- Vertebral Disc Injury
- Spinal Deformity
- Carpal Tunnel
- Ulnar neuropathy (pain, tingling, numbness)
Education & Fellowships
- Fellowship Training in Spinal Surgery
Maryland Spinal Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship Program in Baltimore, Maryland
*Practiced with Arvo Neidre, M.D. in South Texas Orthopedic and Spinal Surgery Associates until he recently retired.
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)
- Medical School
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
Prairie View A&M University Medical School
- Citizen’s Medical Center, Victoria
- DeTar Healthcare System, Victoria
- Christus Santa Rosa, San Antonio
- Methodist Hospital, San Antonio